Healthy Habits for Marriage, Fatherhood, and Fitness
Lockdown has affected us physically as well as mentally. Our relationships have been challenged like never before. But we have the power to recalibrate with healthy habits that will help our bodies, minds, and connection to our families.
Today we talk to everyday dad and Dad Edge Alliance member, Jordan Kaufman. He talks about the signs that warned him he needed to change, why he committed to an extreme health challenge, and how he will use his newfound resilience to keep making his body, mind, and marriage stronger.
What You’ll Learn
- Step outside of arguments to keep your cool and solve problems.
- Train yourself to have more humility and be less defensive.
- Listen to what your wife is really saying and not to how it’s being delivered.
- Apply the growth mindset to your marriage. You might not get it today, but you will get it down the road.
- Approach disagreements with appreciation and curiosity. You don’t have to agree, just understand.
- You’re in control of your thoughts, responses, and actions, no matter how you feel.
- Help your kids solve the problem instead of reacting to it.
- Jordan took charge of his health when he realized he was getting dad boobs.
- Accountability is the biggest factor in the success of fitness goals and all other goals.
- Take care of yourself in the between moments. Small habits add up to big results.
- Use your fitness routine as time with your children.
Real AF Self-Discipline with Andy Frisella
What It’s Like to Do the 75Hard Challenge
Start Reaching Your Goals with an Accountability Partner
Leave an iTunes review.
Get a FREE book!
If you’re enjoying the show, leave us an itunes review. If your review is chosen as the iTunes Review-of-the Week, we’ll send you the free book of your choice!
What to do: send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org notifying us about your review, your mailing address, and your choice of a guest book from our Books Page!
Thanks for the support!
CLICK HERE TO LEAVE YOUR REVIEW.
Fill out an application for The Dad Edge Alliance
The Dad’s Edge AUDIOBOOK on iTunes or Audible
GRAB A COPY OF THE DAD’S EDGE BOOKHERE
Join our Dad Edge Group on Facebook
We have Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
FREE chapter from THE DAD’S EDGE on UNLIMITED PATIENCE
FREE EBOOK: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
FREE EBOOK: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
Follow The Dad Edge
Join over 457 men becoming their best selves
in The Dad Edge Alliance.
What did you think of the show?
What was your biggest take away?
Tag us when you share on social media!