How do we make the right decision when it comes to where we want to devote our time, energy, and resources? What should we strive for? What should we sacrifice? As fathers, we are pulled in a hundred different directions. Our capacity is limited. It’s easy to feel unsure which way to go.
Today’s guest has developed a system to help you design a life that brings you joy and satisfaction. Darius Mirshahzadeh is the host of Greatness Machine LIVE and the author of The Core Value Equation.
He teaches us not only how to define our core values, but how to turn them into the language of our lives and use them as an anchor for all decision making.
You’ve never heard an approach to values like this before! Learn how to always make the right decision for yourself, your work, and most importantly, your family.
“How you are anywhere is how you are everywhere.”
Darius Mirshahzadeh is a high growth CEO, serial entrepreneur, and culture-building mad scientist who was ranked #9 on Glassdoor’s list of Top CEOs of Small and Medium Companies in the US. He’s led organizations that have won numerous Stevie awards, been named “#3 Best Place to Work” by San Francisco Business Times, and have landed at #40 on the Inc. 500 list of fastest-growing companies. Darius has been recognized in the New York Times and Inc. Magazine for innovation in corporate culture, and his business insights and thought leadership have been published in Huffington Post, Entrepreneur.com, Fast Company, and Forbes.
The Core Value Equation:
A Framework to Drive Results, Create Limitless Scale and Win the War for Talent
If you’re a CEO, three of the biggest pain points you face in today’s business world are:
- Making the best decisions when the answer isn’t always clear
- Maintaining a strong and consistent culture as your business rapidly grows
- Attracting and retaining the best talent who are a strong culture fit
These problem areas lead to inconsistency, growing pains, and major roadblocks on how to take your organization to the next level. Thankfully, there’s a simple solution:
Discover, build, and create your core value driven organization.
In The Core Value Equation, Darius Mirshahzadeh shows how core values create the ultimate decision-making engine for your organization that consistently produces spectacular results. Core values also create an “invisible manager” that sits next to every employee and holds them accountable to a common set of beliefs, actions, and outcomes, all without hiring a single person. Finally, core values are the best tool out there to recruit and support an army of diehard team members who speak the same language, create consistent results, and make your organization a magnet for like-minded individuals.
What You’ll Learn
- Darius is half Italian, half Persian and grew up in Southern California.
- He had a heart-centered mother and an angry, bitter father
- Although his father took his rage out on his family, it was from him who Darius learned his ambition.
- Darius is working on his core values for his family because of his dad, who took his family for granted and died young from the stress of his anger.
- Trauma, rage, and pain is stored in your body, your organs.
- Darius responds by fight, flight, rage instead of fight, flight, freeze.
- Why you are being a bastard to yourself
- The epidemic of chronic dissatisfaction
- Being a beast at work at the cost of your family life
- Core values as anchor of decision-making
- Discovery and design of core values
- How your core values turn into the language of your life
- How this language keeps you accountable
- The mindset of a conscious leader
- You spend more time with your employer than your family. Make sure you and your employer share the same values.
- An example of Darius’s list of family core values
- Why design matters when it comes to living your values
- How to prevent your kids or spouse from weaponizing your values
- How to translate flat words into meaning for your family
- Attaching senses, symbols, and ideas to your values
- Establishing a hierarchy of values
Leave an iTunes review.
Get a FREE book!
If you’re enjoying the show, leave us an itunes review. If your review is chosen as the iTunes Review-of-the Week, we’ll send you the free book of your choice!
Thanks for the support!
Our biggest regrets in life happen
when we’ve lost our patience.
Stop Reacting and Start Living
Do the work. Make a plan. Follow along with simple, yet powerful exercises and tap into the patience that is within you.
Get the Patience eCourse
PLUS 1 Free Month in the Dad Edge Alliance
Create an action plan to help you thrive in life and build the legacy you want.
Darius Mirshahzadeh’s Links
Join our Dad Edge Group on Facebook
We have Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
FREE chapter from THE DAD’S EDGE on UNLIMITED PATIENCE
FREE EBOOK: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
FREE EBOOK: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
Follow The Dad Edge
Join over 420 men becoming their best selves
in The Dad Edge Alliance.
What did you think of the show?
What was your biggest take away?
Tag us when you share on social media!