Start Reaching Your Goals with an Accountability Partner
When it comes to committing to our goals, we often let ourselves down. We’ll sleep in instead of getting that workout in. We’ll give in to that junk food or extra beer. We’ll put off our big dreams for another day. No one will know that we didn’t follow through. But if we have to answer to someone else, the whole game changes. Today we talk about how you can start reaching your goals with an accountability partner.
In this episode, you will see the accountability partner dynamic in action in the Dad Edge Alliance. Ninety-six of our members signed up for #75Hard, a 75-day challenge that develops physical and mental strength. We matched everyone up with accountability partners. Today you’ll get to hear about some of the powerful transformations that happened just by having someone to answer to and give support.
What You’ll Learn
- Having an Accountability Partner helps you reach your goals and:
- Strengthens mental toughness
- Helps you live with more intention
- Increases self-sufficiency
- Promotes calm
- Enhances creative problem-solving
- You can inspire other men by achieving what they think they can’t.
- Serving others helps you to take the focus off yourself. Life is bigger.
- Accountability trains you to show up.
- It feels rewarding to tell someone you met your goals.
- Following through with an accountability partner allows your family see your commitment and discipline.
- You get the tough love you need to push through resistance
- You will have someone who knows you can do it, even if you think you can’t.
- 75Hard rules
- Exercise twice a day for 45 minutes each. One workout must be outdoors.
- Drink a gallon of water a day.
- Choose any diet or eating plan and stick with it for 75 days. No cheat meals and NO ALCOHOL.
- Read a minimum of 10 pages every day of personal development or business book
- Take one progress photo each day.
What It’s Like to Do the 75Hard Challenge
Pulling the Positive from Failures with UFC Champion Frankie Edgar
Raising Kids with the Dichotomy of Leadership with Jocko Willink
Extreme Ownership for Fathers with Leif Babin
Protect your kids with the Bark App
Leave an iTunes review.
Get a FREE book!
If you’re enjoying the show, leave us an itunes review. If your review is chosen as the iTunes Review-of-the Week, we’ll send you the free book of your choice!
What to do: send an email to email@example.com notifying us about your review, your mailing address, and your choice of a guest book from our Books Page!
Thanks for the support!
CLICK HERE TO LEAVE YOUR REVIEW.
Fill out an application for The Dad Edge Alliance
The Dad’s Edge AUDIOBOOK on iTunes or Audible
GRAB A COPY OF THE DAD’S EDGE BOOK HERE
Join our Dad Edge Group on Facebook
We have Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
FREE chapter from THE DAD’S EDGE on UNLIMITED PATIENCE
FREE EBOOK: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
FREE EBOOK: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
Follow The Dad Edge
Surround yourself with men who will hold you accountable.
Join over 420 men becoming their best selves
in The Dad Edge Alliance.
What did you think of the show?
What was your biggest take away?
Tag us when you share on social media!