The death of a spouse is something that’s almost impossible to comprehend. How can you go on without the love of your life? How do you survive without the mother of your children? Going through something this life-altering can cause a man to question his faith and wonder if he will ever find happiness again.
Today’s guest is Nate Edmonds. He is a musician, worship leader, and author of More Than All the Glories. Nate’s story is brutally tragic. He was living his dream as a touring musician with his wife, Dana. Life couldn’t get any better, when they had two kids, until Dana was suddenly taken from him by an aggressive cancer.
Nate talks frankly about being tested, not only as a husband and father, but also as a spiritual leader. He tells the heartbreaking story of Dana’s last days, and how he and his children tapped into their faith to survive. He also reveals how he fought through the darkness and rebuilt his life and his family to live in a happiness he has never known.
Nate’s story is a testament to the power of faith in the face of devastation and grief. Don’t miss this powerful interview.
Growing up the son of a minister, Nate Edmonds has lived a life in search of the heart of God as far back as he can remember. In his 25 years of ministry, he has held many positions from administrative and broadcast roles to leading worship and writing songs through Fuzed Worship, an outreach of Joyce Meyer Ministries. After tragedy struck his family in 2015, Nate set out on a path of discovery. In 2017, he was ordained as the Worship Pastor of Element Church, in Wentzville, Missouri. Through his latest book and music project, MORE THAN ALL THE GLORIES, Nate tells his families dramatic story of love and redemption. Together with his beautiful wife Amy and their 5 children, Nate’s vision for his life is to bring glory to Christ through his story and songs.
And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28 (ESV) If you need hope, encouragement, and a renewed faith in the goodness of God, this book is for you. MORE THAN ALL THE GLORIES is simply captivating. In it, Nate Edmonds shares with vivid detail, his family’s story of love and redemption. He painstakingly relives the trials and suffering his family experienced through a battle with cancer and rebuilding an entirely new life after a tragedy. But this memoir is not a sad story full of lamenting or bitter questions. Rather, it’s a celebration of God’s faithfulness in all seasons of life. Nate’s journey exemplifies Romans 8:28, “God works all things together for good.” It reveals the glory of God in suffering. It shines the light of truth that is so hard to see in the middle of the storm.
Look for truth. Everyone has the ability to hear the voice of God.
What You’ll Learn
- Nate’s wife’s sudden cancer diagnosis
- How he and Dana broke the news to their six and eight-year-old kids that their mom was dying
- Within a month, Dana went from being totally normal and running a business to sleeping 20 hours a day.
- What the stress and anxiety of her illness did to his body.
- Nate had a hard time asking for help.
- He eventually learned he had to take care of himself to be strong for his family.
- The words that have lead Nate all his life, “For His glory, by His grace.”
- Being resilient with faith
- How to hear the voice, the internal guidance from God
- How he and Dana made the decision to stop cancer treatment.
- How Nate trusted the journey of Dana’s death. If God planned it, He also gave Nate the strength to get through it
- Dana made videos for her kids to watch after her death each year up into their twenties.
- How he met his future wife, Amy, while he and Dana were making arrangements at the funeral home.
- 3 months after Dana died, Nate moved on. He married Amy within 30 days of the first date.
- The people who were still grieving for Dana were angry with him, but he had pre-grieved.
- The love for Dana was not passionate love. Amy ignited something new in him.
- How Nate manages his blended family.
- How he sees the goodness of God in all the hardship and loss.
- What to do when kids have a crisis of faith and give up on God
- How to reframe tragedy into a battle
Leave an iTunes review.
Get a FREE book!
If you’re enjoying the show, leave us an itunes review. If your review is chosen as the iTunes Review-of-the Week, we’ll send you the free book of your choice!
Thanks for the support!
Nate Edmond’s Links
We have new Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
Download a free chapter from: THE DAD’S EDGE on UNLIMITED PATIENCE HERE
Check out this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
Download this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
- Amazon Bestselling Book: The Dad’s Edge – 9 Simple Ways to Have: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s New Course: The Dad’s Edge – 6 Strategies to Achieve: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s Twitter Page
- Larry’s Facebook Page
- Larry’s Instagram Page
- The Dad Edge Now on YOUTUBE
Hungry for more out of life?
Become one of the 350 men of The Dad Edge Alliance
What did you think of the show?
What was your biggest take away?
Tag us when you share on social media!