Wake Up the Hero with Wes Chapman
The story you’re about to hear is unlike anything we’ve ever had on this show before. Today we have mega-entrepreneur, Wes Chapman. He has been featured in Forbes, Inc., CBS, ABC, Tech Crunch and TEDx. He is a husband, a father of two, and the founder of A Human Project.
Wes may seem like the picture of success, but he has a dark and painful past that many would not survive. From the time he was born, Wes was physically, sexually, and mentally abused. He was abandoned by his father and then his mother. Then he was put into group homes and psych wards where doctors told him that his mental and emotional problems would prevent him from ever living a normal life.
Wes Chapman believes that absolute self-honesty is the key to healing and he is pure proof. In this episode, he shares the story of his incredible transformation, and how he triumphed over victimhood to wake up the hero within.
[bctt tweet=”We only understand what we’ve endured. @wesleydchapman #abuse” username=”gooddadprojct”]
Wes Chapman was so neglected as an infant, that at 3 1/2 months old he was diagnosed as having failure to thrive, which means he didn’t grow and develop properly because his physical and emotional needs were not being met.
Shortly after that, his father left his mother and she married a man that Wes can only describe as pure evil. At the hands of this man, Wes endured physical, sexual, and emotional trauma until he was 6 years old.
Wes’s mom soon gave up on raising him. He was put into the system and spent the next year in and out of psych hospitals. Doctors considered him “broken” and that the best they could do was medicate him and keep him institutionalized, but one day, a woman walked into is life. She became Wes’s mom and hero.
Fast forward to today – Wes has overcome his trauma and victimhood and helps other children and adults do the same. He believes in what he calls H cubed.
[bctt tweet=”The important thing is not the stuff that happened, but the awakening that occurred. @wesleydchapman #trauma #abuse #healing” username=””]
- How Wes’s step father literally put him and his siblings in the doghouse. He made them wear a collar and chained them to the fence.
- How Wes used to wake up in cold sweats watching his sister get molested.
- How once in a psychiatric hospital, he beat the walls until his fists bled. This was in a padded room.
- How a voice inside him decided not to tolerate his existence.
- The remarkable story of the woman who took him in and cared for him.
- The powerful idea behind H-cubed (Honesty, Healing, Hope).
- How he finally got over his sexual abuse and was able to develop empathy toward the men who abused him.
- How he became addicted to success in such a negative way that he had to walk away from everything.
- His epiphany when he finally knew that his purpose and passion was to be like the woman who saved him and help others like him.
- How he stalked Gary Vaynerchuk.
- Why we need to stop wasting time and energy making up for our weaknesses and put all our effort into our gifts.
- What manhood really is all about.
[bctt tweet=”The only way you can take care of your own shit, is to take care of it with yourself. @wesleydchapman” username=”gooddadprojct”]
give KIND a try
10 snack variety pack plus a monthly snack subscription
We appreciate all the support!
If you’re enjoying the show, we encourage you to leave an itunes review.
[bctt tweet=”Vulnerability is power. @wesleydchapman #vulnerability #dads #men #fathers” username=”gooddadprojct”]
Connect with Wes Chapman
==>NEW!!<== Grab a copy of The Dad’s Edge AUDIOBOOK on iTunes or Audible
GRAB A COPY OF THE DAD’S EDGE HERE
Join our Dad Edge Group on Facebook Request Entry Here
We have new Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
Download a free chapter from: THE DAD’S EDGE on UNLIMITED PATIENCE HERE
Check out this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
Download this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
- Amazon Bestselling Book: The Dad’s Edge – 9 Simple Ways to Have: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s New Course: The Dad’s Edge – 6 Strategies to Achieve: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s Twitter Page
- Larry’s Facebook Page
- Larry’s Instagram Page