F*ck Your Feelings with Ryan Munsey
Up to 95 % of the decisions we make are based on what we feel. This means that in almost every situation, we are reacting instead of responding. Think about decisions you’ve made based on fear, selfishness, or anger. How did they serve you? How did they affect those around you?
Today’s guest is the author of F*ck Your Feelings, Ryan Munsey. He is a speaker, coach, and the host of the Better Human Project Podcast. He tells us how to recognize our feelings, understand them, and look at them from an objective point of view. He teaches us how to remove emotions from the equation and act on our values instead. He also talks about reframing frustrating situations so that we can make the right choice in our behavior and become the leaders our families need us to be.
[bctt tweet=”‘Show me a great father and I’ll show you a great leader.’—@ryanmunsey #dads #fathers #fatherhood #leadership” username=”@gooddadprojct”]
Ryan Munsey is a high-performance consultant, and thought leader in the wellness and personal development space. He has worked with professional and Olympic athletes, Navy SEALs, and entrepreneurs – helping them optimize their minds and bodies, win medals, further careers, and build multiple 6-figure businesses. His work has been featured in Fortune Magazine, Men’s Health, Men’s Fitness. F*ck Your Feelings is a neuroscience-based exploration of high performance and success.
[bctt tweet=”‘In parenting, relationships, business, fitness—we’re going to have to do what we know we’re supposed to do whether we feel like it or not.’—@RyanMunsey #parenting #relationships #business #motivation” username=”gooddadprojct”]
What You’ll Learn
- Where Ryan got the idea for his book
- How his background in fitness and nutrition lead to his fascination with high-performance
- How, “Fuck your feelings,” was a phrase Ryan used in his self-talk to get him through when he didn’t feel like doing something
- The profound affect Ryan’s dad’s actions had on him
- Why our feelings have such an impact on the decision-making process
- How nothing has meaning, only the meaning we assign to it
- How feelings affect our micro-decisions
- Why feelings lead us off course
- How to act according to your values instead of your feelings
- How to find enjoyment in things you don’t feel like doing
- The reframing technique
- How to transcend temporary states like being tired
- How awareness creates choice
- Practicing the witness perspective
- Practicing parasympathetic activities
- Creating a toolbox to handle every challenge
- The best way to create space in a heightened emotional state
- Detaching from outcome
- The danger of defining yourself by your child’s success
Parents’ Guide to Video Game Addiction with Cam Adair
Dad Edge Alliance Q&A: Video Game, Porn, and Social Media Addiction with Cam Adair
Like the show? Leave an iTunes review.
If you’re enjoying the show, we encourage you to leave an itunes review.
We read reviews on the show every week. The next one might be yours!
Thanks for the support.
The YNAB app. You Need a Budget
Get a FREE 2 Month Trial at YNAB.com/dads
Ryan Munsey’s Links
Fill out an application for The Dad Edge Alliance
==>NEW!!<== Grab a copy of The Dad’s Edge AUDIOBOOK on iTunes or Audible
GRAB A COPY OF THE DAD’S EDGEHERE
Join our Dad Edge Group on Facebook Request Entry Here
We have new Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
Download a free chapter from: THE DAD’S EDGE on UNLIMITED PATIENCE HERE
Check out this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
Download this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
- Amazon Bestselling Book: The Dad’s Edge – 9 Simple Ways to Have: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s New Course: The Dad’s Edge – 6 Strategies to Achieve: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s Twitter Page
- Larry’s Facebook Page
- Larry’s Instagram Page
Hungry for more out of life?
Become a member of The Dad Edge Alliance
What did you think of the show?
What was your biggest take away?
Tag us when you share on social media!
[bctt tweet=”‘Motivation doesn’t last, but our values never fade away’—@RyanMunsey #motivation #values #integrity #character” username=”gooddadprojct”]