Critical Fatherhood Skills
You do not have to be a victim of you past. You can learn to pivot and become stronger. Today’s guest proves it.
Everyday dad and Dad Edge Alliance member Christopher Wilson grew up with an abusive, alcoholic father. He never knew what a normal, healthy family was supposed to look like.
Now he is a husband and a father and works for the inspirational fitness community, Critical Bench. Chris shares what he learned from his difficult childhood, how he deals with his own patience and anger issues, and the critical fatherhood skills he uses to make sure his home is a happy one for his wife and kids.
Chris Wilson, BS, CPT, SSN has worked in the fitness industry for 20 years. He began as a personal trainer at World’s Gym after college in 1998 working with clients face to face. After managing a fitness center for years, he wanted to reach more people and has continued his coaching helping people all over the world sharing his passion and enthusiasm for fitness, strength and health.
What You’ll Learn
- Abuse is a form of attention that children can learn to crave
- How Chris got over anger and patience issues
- Kids need to be part of something. Connection can help teens get through a rough life.
- How Chris got through the why me victim moments
- Even when Chris thought his dad didn’t love him, he knew God loved him and that got him through.
- What Chris has learned about marriage.
- Spouses become roommates when everything is about the kids.
- As a man, be a sounding board for you wife. Women want to be heard.
- If you don’t listen to you wife, she feels you don’t care.
- Your wife needs you to show up at random moments.
- When a woman’s unspoken needs are not fulfilled, she will reach a breaking point.
- The importance of praise. Show your appreciation for all the little things.
- How to stop taking things so personally in life
- What to do about your inner bully
- Don’t be too good to apologize to your kids.
- Praise your kids for owning up to mistakes.
Wild at Heart with John Eldredge
Dad Edge Alliance Q&A: The Modern Revolution of the Masculine Heart with John Eldredge
Our biggest regrets in life happen
when we’ve lost our patience.
Stop Reacting and Start Living
Do the work. Make a plan. Follow along with simple, yet powerful exercises and tap into the patience that is within you.
Get the Patience eCourse
Plus 1 FREE Month in the Dad Edge Alliance
Create an action plan to help you thrive in life and build the legacy you want.
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE
Chris Wilson’s Links
Fill out an application for The Dad Edge Alliance
The Dad’s Edge AUDIOBOOK on iTunes or Audible
GRAB A COPY OF THE DAD’S EDGE BOOKHERE
Join our Dad Edge Group on Facebook
We have Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
FREE chapter from THE DAD’S EDGE on UNLIMITED PATIENCE
FREE EBOOK: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
FREE EBOOK: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
Follow The Dad Edge
Join over 457 men becoming their best selves
in The Dad Edge Alliance.
What did you think of the show?
What was your biggest take away?
Tag us when you share on social media!