Secrets to an Awesome Marriage with Dr. Kim Kimberling
Marriage is one of the most challenging and important relationships in our lives, yet most of us come into it completely unprepared. So many men struggle to connect with their wives. Maybe we’re giving it all we have, and it seems like nothing works. We might wonder if it was ever meant to be, and we must decide whether we should divorce or settle for a lifelong roommate.
We want neither.
We want an awesome marriage.
Today we have Dr. Kim Kimberling on the show to reveal the secrets to an awesome marriage. He is going to teach us to empower ourselves with simple tools that we can use everyday to build trust, communication, and sexual intimacy.
A strong marriage is the best gift we can give our kids.
It’s time to build an awesome marriage you believe in.
Dr. Kim Kimberling
Dr. Kim has been a professional counselor for over thirty years. He holds a Ph.D. and a Doctor of Ministry in Christian Counseling. He also holds Masters Degrees in Christian Ministry and Theological Studies, and a Bachelors of Business Administration. Dr. Kim is President and co-founder of Awesome Marriage. Awesome Marriage reaches thousands of people each month with God’s plan for marriage and relationships.
Dr. Kim has been married to his lovely wife Nancy for over 40 years. Together they have two adult married children and five awesome grandchildren.
7 Secrets to an Awesome Marriage: Strengthen Your Most Intimate Relationship
All of us want an enduring marriage, a beautiful marriage we can believe in. That kind of marriage happens through intimacy. Intimacy requires hard work and a guide. Dr. Kim Kimberling is that guide and this book and its tools will show you how communication and intimacy in marriage can be yours.
Kimberling offers insights like connecting every day in spite of what’s in the way, learning how to fight in the right ways, stopping the insanity of doing the same thing over and over even when it isn’t working, and finding that the best sex ever is well within the context of Christian marriages.
Once these 7 secrets are a part of your marriage, you can stand together and fight anything that would ever try to tear your marriage apart.
Whether you have just celebrated your first anniversary or your fiftieth, 7 Secrets to an Awesome Marriage by Dr. Kim Kimberling is for you. If you have a good marriage, this book can help you have a great marriage. If you are struggling, Kim Kimberling will help you turn the corner and make your marriage into what you want it to be.
What You’ll Learn
- The best gift for kids is a strong marriage
- Your kids need to see you dating
- You can’t put your marriage on hiatus
- We’re all vulnerable to affairs if we leave our marriage unattended
- We work very hard to put the ring on the girl’s finger, but then we slack off.
- We have to keep pursuing our wives.
- Your wife wants to have a relational conversation with you. Communicate 30 minutes a day.
- Be a good listener. Focus and respond and engage.
- You have to know your spouse. What makes her feel loved and care for?
- She must know that you are there for her today, tomorrow, and always.
- Women must completely trust you to open up sexually
- Affirm your spouse in public.
- How to express your needs as a man without feeling shame, guilt, or needy
- Do not minimize what is important to you.
- Reinforce what you like from her.
- Keep your expectations realistic.
- Being a bad communicator is not in your DNA. You can learn how to communicate.
- The simplest way to start communication is to ask basic questions. What’s the best thing that happened to you today? What’s the worst thing? How did you see God work in the world today?
- It’s not her against you or vice versa. You’re a team.
- Try this for 30 days and see what results you get.
- How to evaluate if your marriage has improved?
- Stay true to the values you share with your spouse.
- Get an accountability partner to help you avoid temptation to pornography or other women.
- Use this time of social distancing to grow your marriage instead of destroying it.
No More Mr. Nice Guy with Dr. Robert Glover
Ultimate Guide to Demystifying Women with Robert Kandell
Sexploration and Intimacy Tips for Married Men with Dr. Corey Allan
Leave an iTunes review.
Get a FREE book!
If you’re enjoying the show, leave us an itunes review. If your review is chosen as the iTunes Review-of-the Week, we’ll send you the free book of your choice!
What to do: send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org notifying us about your review, your mailing address, and your choice of a guest book from our Books Page!
Thanks for the support!
CLICK HERE TO LEAVE YOUR REVIEW.
Dr. Kim Kimberling’s Links
Fill out an application for The Dad Edge Alliance
The Dad’s Edge AUDIOBOOK on iTunes or Audible
GRAB A COPY OF THE DAD’S EDGE BOOK HERE
Join our Dad Edge Group on Facebook
We have Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
FREE chapter from THE DAD’S EDGE on UNLIMITED PATIENCE
FREE EBOOK: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
FREE EBOOK: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
Follow The Dad Edge
Don’t settle for a mediocre life.
Join over 457 men becoming their best selves
in The Dad Edge Alliance.
What did you think of the show?
What was your biggest take away?
Tag us when you share on social media!