Why do so many of us lose our excitement for life?
When did we forget how to have fun?
How do we figure out how to feel powerful and free again?
Today we talk about becoming a dangerous man.
Tripp Lanier is the host of The New Man Podcast and the author of This Book Will Make You Dangerous.
He reveals why many husbands and fathers feel trapped, bored, drained, and overwhelmed.
He talks about how playing it safe is ruining our lives and why he throws most self-help books in the trash.
Tripp also shows us how we can use chaos, uncertainty, and even death to lead us to our true desires.
This show is for the men who refuse to settle. Are you ready to become dangerous?
Tripp Lanier is a professional coach and host of The New Man Podcast: Beyond the Macho Jerk and the New Age Wimp which — for over a decade — has been downloaded millions of times.
Since 2005, he has spent thousands of hours coaching people all around the world to get out of the rat race, become an authority in their field, and make a great living doing the work they were put on this earth to do. Over the years he’s designed several businesses to support a simple lifestyle focused on freedom, ease, meaning, and fun.
Tripp is married to therapist/relationship coach Alyson Lanier and has the best daughter in the whole wide world. They live in a small beach town in North Carolina where he spends much of his time surfing, playing music, and enjoying a simple life.
This Book Will Make You Dangerous: The Irreverent Guide For Men Who Refuse to Settle
Most Men Will Allow Fear to Get the Best of Them.
This Book is Not for Most Men.
We live in a world with more possibilities than ever before. So why do most men settle for lackluster, cookie-cutter lives that leave them feeling stuck, drained, and uninspired?
This Book Will Make You Dangerous is a guide for the rare, few men who refuse to sleepwalk through life.
Inside you’ll learn how to:
- Challenge your fears so that you don’t become another guy who gave up on his potential
- Align your life with meaning so that you can create success on your own terms
- Find clarity and direction so that you don’t waste your days stuck in a rut
Distilled from thousands of hours spent coaching forward-thinking-men all around the world, this book will teach you how to galvanize your mindset and see opportunities instead of walls.
While others blindly follow the herd, you’ll learn how to tap into your own unique sense of leadership and overcome your biggest challenges in every area of life — including your work, your relationships, and your health.
If you’re tired of the rat race…
If you’re wary of bullsh*t artists trying to sell you “happily ever after”…
If you want to make sure you don’t become another grumpy, soft guy who forgot how to have fun…
Then this book will, indeed, make you dangerous.
What You’ll Learn
- What does it mean to be dangerous?
- What do you want to create in life? And are you waiting for permission?
- Men live in a box without asking themselves what they really want.
- There is a wound behind all successful men.
- You can use your energy to bury or reclaim your emotional power.
- If you’re dragging your heels about something, it could be a sign you have unresolved trauma in the past.
- Most self-help books are trying to tell us to play a game that we can’t win.
- Our brain is designed to help us survive, but we are not in danger. The brain has found new threats, creating unnecessary anxiety and fear.
- We don’t want to risk feeling physically uncomfortable or emotionally vulnerable. We also don’t want to jeopardize our money or the control over the way we look to the outside world. We’re in perpetual state of proving we’re enough.
- When living aligned with comfort and safety, men become grumpy, soft, and forget to have fun.
- “If you’re going through life playing safe, you’re not going to be happy. The things that bring relief don’t equal fulfillment. They don’t satisfy the part of us that is meant to evolve.”
- What can a man do right now to welcome fulfillment?
- Death wakes us up. Most men are not in touch with their mortality. They wait for it to be safe to live, not realizing that they will die.
- Kids are impacted by what they see us do. Watching us sitting in front of the computer all day is not very inspiring.
- Get out in front and show your kids it’s okay. Challenge yourselves with martial arts, surfing, learning music. Lead, and let them know it’s safe to follow.
- Men like to only do things they are good at, but we must be willing to go through the learning process. Kids need to know that no one starts at the top.
- Tripp’s marriage advice: Don’t hide. The more you share your shame, the more your partner trusts you. Show her your worst. As if to ask, “Can you love me here too?”
Protect your kids with the Bark App
Leave an iTunes review.
Get a FREE book!
If you’re enjoying the show, leave us an itunes review. If your review is chosen as the iTunes Review-of-the Week, we’ll send you the free book of your choice!
Thanks for the support!
Our biggest regrets in life happen
when we’ve lost our patience.
Stop Reacting and Start Living
Do the work. Make a plan. Follow along with simple, yet powerful exercises and tap into the patience that is within you.
Get the Patience eCourse
PLUS 1 Free Month in the Dad Edge Alliance
Create an action plan to help you thrive in life and build the legacy you want.
Tripp Lanier’s Links
Join our Dad Edge Group on Facebook
We have Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
FREE chapter from THE DAD’S EDGE on UNLIMITED PATIENCE
FREE EBOOK: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
FREE EBOOK: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
Follow The Dad Edge
Join over 420 men becoming their best selves
in The Dad Edge Alliance.
What did you think of the show?
What was your biggest take away?
Tag us when you share on social media!