12 Traits of a Warrior Part II: The Soft Traits
Last month, former Navy SEAL Chris Sajnog told us about the hard traits of a warrior. They are the qualities we most often associate with elite teams like confidence and aggressiveness. Chris also warned us that too much focus on the hard traits leads to an imbalance that can cause all kinds of problems, including post traumatic stress.
Today, he tells us about the six soft traits of a warrior and how we can develop these traits for rapid learning, improved relationships, and better peace of mind. He also talks about how these traits can make us a better dad.
[bctt tweet=”‘If you get down to an emotional level with anything you want to learn or do in life, the more likely you are to get up in the morning and pursue that dream.’- @ChrisSajnog #motivation #success #learning #mindset” username=”gooddadprojct”]
[bctt tweet=”‘Learning is changing your mind. The only way to learn something new, is to change the beliefs that you had before.’- @ChrisSajnog #learning #humility #dads #men #fathers ” username=”gooddadprojct”]
For those of you who don’t know, Chris Sajnog is one the most elite Navy SEAL snipers in the world and the bestselling author of ‘How to Shoot Like Navy SEAL’ and ‘Navy SEAL Shooting’.
As a shooting instructor, Chris noticed how people who were trained in the military learned so much more quickly than civilians. He realized that it was their warrior mindset that gave them the edge and that in order for his civilian students to learn how to shoot, he needed to make them better at learning and dealing with anything. This led him to develop The 12 Traits of a Warrior.
What You’ll Learn
- What are the soft traits and why we need to learn them
- The amazing benefits of meditation
- How to start practicing meditation
- What his son said to him that made him change is mind about reenlisting for a 250K bonus
- How he is technically 100% handicapped
- How you’re training your body to be in pain
- How to use your mind to relieve pain
- Why patience is important to living like a warrior
- How meditation improves patience
- How humility speeds up learning
- How loyalty keeps us in the right track, especially loyalty to yourself
- How an imbalance of the hard traits can lead to terrorism
- His new work with Deepak Chopra
[bctt tweet=”‘Whatever your loyalty is, you have to stick to that. It’s so easy to live your life when you have this compass that’s always pointing you in the right direction.’ – @ChrisSajnog #dads #fathers #men #warriors ” username=”gooddadprojct”]
LISTEN TO 12 TRAITS OF A WARRIOR PART I: THE HARD TRAITS
The 12 Traits of a Warrior Part 1: The Hard Traits with Chris Sajnog
Dad Edge Alliance Q&A: Allowing Your Kids to Have Their Feelings with Chris Sajnog
Leading Our Family With Confidence with Chris Sajnog
We appreciate all the support!
If you’re enjoying the show, we encourage you to leave an itunes review.
Looking for the Perfect Kids’ Snack on the go?
Get your RXBAR Kids sample box with 16 whole food protein bars
(for 25% off the price you pay at Target.)
Go to rxbar.com/gooddad
ENTER COUPON CODE: GOOD DAD
Chris Sajnog’s Links
==>NEW!!<== Grab a copy of The Dad’s Edge AUDIOBOOK on iTunes or Audible
GRAB A COPY OF THE DAD’S EDGE HERE
Join our Dad Edge Group on Facebook Request Entry Here
We have new Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
Download a free chapter from: THE DAD’S EDGE on UNLIMITED PATIENCE HERE
Check out this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
Download this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
- Amazon Bestselling Book: The Dad’s Edge – 9 Simple Ways to Have: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s New Course: The Dad’s Edge – 6 Strategies to Achieve: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s Twitter Page
- Larry’s Facebook Page
- Larry’s Instagram Page