How Dads Can Set a Powerful Example for Their Kids
Showing has much more impact than telling. When we show our kids how we live according to our values, they see integrity in action. They know we walk the talk.
Today’s guest, Chris, is an everyday dad and one of our new members in The Dad Edge Alliance. He talks about the importance of being aware of how closely our kids are watching us and the messages we are sending them with our behavior. He also gives us his simple yet brilliant ideas on how dads can set a powerful example for their kids in small ways every day.
We’re all dads for the first time.
What You’ll Learn
- From the moment your kids are watching you, you’re teaching them.
- What life lessons do you want to teach your kids?
- How to instill work ethic
- Showing your sons how to treat women
- Examples of how to actively and intentionally set a powerful example for your kids. E.g. Make sure that when your kids wake up in the morning, they see you exercising, reading a book, or some other constructive habit.
- Fathering according to personality
- How to try to make sure kids don’t pick up on your bad habits
- The importance if realizing you’re not alone as a father
Nothing will humble you more than trying to be a father.
Like the show? Leave an iTunes review.
If you’re enjoying the show, we encourage you to leave an itunes review.
We read reviews on the show every week. The next one might be yours!
Thanks for the support.
Fill out an application for The Dad Edge Alliance
Grab a copy of The Dad’s Edge AUDIOBOOK on iTunes or Audible
GRAB A COPY OF THE DAD’S EDGE HERE
Join our Dad Edge Group on Facebook Request Entry Here
We have Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
Download a free chapter from THE DAD’S EDGE book on UNLIMITED PATIENCE HERE
Check out this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
Download this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
- Amazon Bestselling Book: The Dad’s Edge – 9 Simple Ways to Have: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s Twitter Page
- Larry’s Facebook Page
- Larry’s Instagram Page
Hungry for more out of life?
Become a member of The Dad Edge Alliance
What did you think of the show?
What was your biggest take away?
Tag us when you share on social media!