All of us want to be a perfect father, but things never turn out the way we expect. Even for those men actively striving to become a better dad, perfection eludes us. Holding ourselves to this impossible standard leads to frustration and hopelessness. It might make us feel like giving up altogether.
Today, we have Dad Edge Alliance member Sam on the show. He’s from Sydney and was part of the Australian Special Forces. He’s married and is the father of three boys. He lost his band of brothers when he left the military and live and work in Abu Dhabi. Sam was desperately searching for guidance in his relationships with his wife and kids. He didn’t consider himself a great dad and reached a point where he was just going to accept it.
Today he talks about how perfection was his enemy and how he moved past it to grow as a husband and a father.
[bctt tweet=”As a dad, holding ourselves to impossible standards leads to frustration and hopelessness. We won’t ever be perfect, but we can become better together. Here’s how: #dads #men #fathers #thedadedge #Podcast” username=”gooddadprojct”]
We appreciate all the support!
If you’re enjoying the show, we encourage you to leave an itunes review.
We read reviews on the show every week. The next one might be yours!
JUNE 7TH – 9TH – ST. LOUIS
Are you an extraordinary father looking to accelerate in all aspects of your life?
Are you looking to connect to like-minded Dads that want to come together to strengthen and grow in their abilities both personally and professionally?
The Dad Edge 2018 Summit (Live Event) will set you up to do exactly that.
- ==>NEW!!<== Grab a copy of The Dad’s Edge AUDIOBOOK on iTunes or Audible
- GRAB A COPY OF THE DAD’S EDGE HERE
- Join our Dad Edge Group on Facebook Request Entry Here
- We have new Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
- Download a free chapter from: THE DAD’S EDGE on UNLIMITED PATIENCE HERE
- Check out this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
- Download this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
- Amazon Bestselling Book: The Dad’s Edge – 9 Simple Ways to Have: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s New Course: The Dad’s Edge – 6 Strategies to Achieve: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s Twitter Page
- Larry’s Facebook Page
- Larry’s Instagram Page