Kristen Jenson is the author of Good Pictures Bad Pictures: Porn-Proofing Today’s Young Kids. In this show, she tells us how to initiate a healthy conversation with our kids about pornography according to age group. She also gives a 1, 2, 3 action plan for kids so they know what to do if they see pornography.
Kristen explains the brain science behind pornography addiction and how it warps the mind. She also explains how it can lead to relationship problems and even erectile dysfunction.
This is a scary topic, but it’s up to parents to start the conversation as early as possible before kids get the wrong ideas about sex and intimacy from the internet. Save this episode!
[bctt tweet=”‘If you want your kids to have a healthy view of sex and intimacy, then you have to step it up and have these conversations at a young a before they see it on the internet.’ – @ProtectYM #kids #children #parenting #pornaddiction” username=”gooddadprojct”]
Kristen Jenson never planned on writing a book about pornography until she met the mother of a large family who was doing her best to raise her kids with healthy values. Then the woman discovered her 17-year-old son molested all of his siblings, from the ages of 14 to 4. He had been into pornography.
Pornography has never been more accessible. Now, all that’s needed is an internet connection to see anything and everything that is out there. Our kids are on electronics devices all the time and even if we have filters in place, we cannot control what they see outside the home.
Child-on-child sexual abuse and porn addiction numbers are rising. After Kristen saw this problem affecting so many kids, she researched to see what books were available on the topic. She couldn’t find any. This compelled her to do something about it. Her first book has been a bestseller on Amazon for the better part of three years.
[bctt tweet=”‘If you become their wiling expert on sex, they’re going to go to you.’ – Kristen Jenson #sex #sexed #kids #children #parenting #dads #fathers ” username=”gooddadprojct”]
What You’ll Learn
- How using a book is an easier way to jump into the subject of pornography with your kids
- Other ways to segue into conversations about sex and pornography
- Why it’s easier to talk about pornography with your kids when they are younger
- The common denominator of all porn addicts
- How you are competing with the porn industry in the sex education of your child
- What to do if you don’t know how to answer a question about pornography
- How to keep your kids from sharing things they learn about sex and pornography with friends or younger siblings
- How much detail to give about sex and pornography
- Why it’s important to explain that sex is more than just for reproduction
- How porn acts like a drug on the brain
- Why people who use porn are less satisfied in their marriage and are more likely to be unfaithful
- How porn can lead to erectile dysfunction
- The difference between the thinking brain and the feeling brain
- Why you should be wary of allowing your children to have their own devices
- Resources for parents on how to protect your kids
[bctt tweet=”‘If you wait till your kids come to talk to you (about sex and pornography), you put a huge burden on them.’ – Kristen Jenson #kids #children #communication #parents #parentingtips #family ” username=”gooddadprojct”]
We appreciate all the support!
If you’re enjoying the show, we encourage you to leave an itunes review.
Kristen Jenson’s Links
JUNE 7TH – 9TH – ST. LOUIS
Are you an extraordinary father looking to accelerate in all aspects of your life?
Are you looking to connect to like-minded Dads that want to come together to strengthen and grow in their abilities both personally and professionally?
The Dad Edge 2018 Summit (Live Event) will set you up to do exactly that.
We have new Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
Download a free chapter from: THE DAD’S EDGE on UNLIMITED PATIENCE HERE
Check out this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
Download this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
- Amazon Bestselling Book: The Dad’s Edge – 9 Simple Ways to Have: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s New Course: The Dad’s Edge – 6 Strategies to Achieve: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s Twitter Page
- Larry’s Facebook Page
- Larry’s Instagram Page
Create an Epic Life
join The Dad Edge Alliance