Fighting the Busyness Epidemic
Most of us are busy all the time. We feel stuck and overwhelmed. This is because being busy is not necessarily being productive. Fighting the busyness epidemic starts with setting boundaries and being disciplined about what’s most important.
People want something from us every minute of every day, and we don’t know how to say no. We get sucked into a vortex of email, social media, and phone calls. We waste our time and energy on obligations and distractions that don’t move our lives forward. The most meaningful aspects of our lives are neglected.
If your marriage is heading toward a bad place, how much time are you spending learning how to reconnect with your wife? If you find yourself losing patience with your kids because you’re overwhelmed, are the things using up your time and energy worth it? What about your finances? What have you done to be proactive about budgeting, saving, and investing?
Today, we’re going to talk about fighting the busyness epidemic with a simple morning ritual that will help you discern what’s important to you, set boundaries with yourself and others, and say no to anything that does not serve you.
Tips for Eliminating Busyness
- Every morning, create a handwritten plan of the essential things you need to do. Stick to these items to avoid being a victim to whatever people want from you in the moment. List 3 professional goals and 3 personal goals for your day.
- Define high-value activities in your life and prioritize time for them. E.g. learning, reading, fitness, diet, family, and spiritual time.
- Do not check email or social media when you first wake up. Designate a time period each day for answering emails and messages.
- Limit social media and other internet activities using a timer.
- Don’t pick up the phone every time it rings. Set aside a time to return calls.
- Learn to say NO. If it’s not a hell yes, it’s a no!
Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less with Greg McKeown
Digital Minimalism with Cal Newport
Like the show? Leave an iTunes review.
If you’re enjoying the show, we encourage you to leave an itunes review.
We read reviews on the show every week. The next one might be yours!
Thanks for the support.
Fill out an application for The Dad Edge Alliance
Grab a copy of The Dad’s Edge AUDIOBOOK on iTunes or Audible
GRAB A COPY OF THE DAD’S EDGE HERE
Join our Dad Edge Group on Facebook Request Entry Here
We have Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
Download a free chapter from THE DAD’S EDGE book on UNLIMITED PATIENCE HERE
Check out this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
Download this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
- Amazon Bestselling Book: The Dad’s Edge – 9 Simple Ways to Have: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s Twitter Page
- Larry’s Facebook Page
- Larry’s Instagram Page
Hungry for more out of life?
Become a member of The Dad Edge Alliance
What did you think of the show?
What was your biggest take away?
Tag us when you share on social media!