Isolation: The Enemy of Excellence—TDE Exclusive with Aaron Walker
Today fan favorite and a legend our community Aaron “Big A” Walker is on to have a live discussion with our members.
Aaron Walker is the president and founder of View from the Top, an Iron Sharpens Iron Mastermind group that goes beyond success to a life of significance.
Aaron talks about why isolation is the enemy of excellence and how the power of mastermind groups to accelerate our growth, success, and happiness is unrivaled. He explains why we need a community of strong men to do life with and gives us examples of how a group of trusted advisors can help us through the toughest spots in our lives.
Aaron talks about what our spouses and kids really need from us and how to show up big for them with a servant leader mindset. He also tells us how to be courageous during crisis, as well as when to lean into our tribe to survive the pitfalls and mistakes that we’re usually afraid to talk about.
“Isolation is the enemy of excellence.”—Aaron Walker
What You’ll Learn
- Aaron had been in a mastermind every week for 21 years.
- The biggest pain point men bring up is that they are going through life alone and have no one to help them make decisions.
- The benefit of being in a mastermind, not just for a few months, but long-term
- We can’t give advice to someone if we don’t know them and their story
- A mastermind is a place to get counsel, affirmation, and encouragement
- We also need trusted advisors who give the advice we don’t want to hear, but desperately need.
- Sometimes we need a swift kick from people who are not afraid to tell us when we’re wrong.
- Masterminds give us perspective. We can’t see our own blind spots.
- Why men isolate, especially when times get tough
- Doing the right thing is hard. We need other men to hold us accountable.
- We have to be vulnerable to be courageous
- A real man’s man is not a stubborn tough guy. A real man’s man is open, emotional, and ready to learn.
- If you want people to be authentic with you, you have to let the guard down first.
- Do things for your wife or children to be helpful, not noticed or rewarded.
- In business—stop trying to make the sale. Instead, focus on adding more value. Then business will come naturally.
- Becoming a servant leader in work AND at home
- The little things we can do for our wives that will show them how much we love them
- What men are most worried about during the coronavirus pandemic
- The growing focus on spirituality
- A positive mindset is not natural but must be learned.
- Aaron’s best advice for dads who struggle with patience and empathy
“Don’t come home with a wallet full of money and a house full of strangers.”—Aaron Walker
Working to Live, Not Living to Work with Aaron Walker
The Ultimate Guide to Work/Life Balance with Aaron Walker
How to Thrive in the Face of Uncertainty
Aaron Walker’s Links
THRIVE IN THE FACE OF UNCERTAINTY
Register for the Dad Edge Virtual Summit
IT’S TIME TO REINVENT HOW WE SHOW UP FOR OUR FAMILIES
Coronavirus is forcing our evolution as fathers. We are all going to build a whole new set of superpowers. And these superpowers are needed right now. For many of us, we are multiplying our future ability to serve, exponentially.
YOU WILL NOT WANT TO MISS THIS.
Bestselling author of “Design Your Future.”
CHOOSE YOUR PACKAGE
What did you think of the show?
What was your biggest take away?
Tag us when you share on social media!