Reclaiming Your Sovereignty with Ryan Michler
This is our 150th episode and the show is already going on 3 years old . We’ve had amazing guests – pro-athletes, NY Times bestselling authors, personal development superstars, Navy SEALs, and more. We appreciate everyone who takes the time to listen and participate. If you haven’t already joined, we invite you to our Facebook group to interact with The Dad Edge community and live life with purpose!
Today we have Ryan Michler on the show for the 4th time. For those of you who don’t already know, he is a good friend and the founder of Order of Man. Ryan has just released a book called Sovereignty: The Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Men that outlines what it means to protect, provide, preside, and lead. Any manly question you could possibly have will be answered. You will walk away a better man, husband, and father after listening to this episode!
[bctt tweet=”‘When we step fully into our mission, we live a more fulfilled and satisfied life because there is purpose in value in what we’re doing.’ – Ryan Michler @OrderofMan #dads #fathers #men #fatherhood #manhood” username=”gooddadprojct”]
Ryan Michler’s Sovereingty
There was a time in Ryan’s life where he knew in his heart that something was wrong, but he wasn’t sure what it was. Then he realized he had given away his sovereignty to others. He expected his life to work out and it didn’t. It was because he wasn’t living his own life. Ryan wrote Sovereignty: The Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Men to create a compact and consumable way to get his message to his audience. He also wanted to articulate and structure his thoughts to focus on his purpose.
sov·er·eign·ty – the quality or state of being sovereign, or of having supreme power or authority.
We give away our power in our lives. We make justifications, excuses, and rationalizations about who we are. Furthermore, men have been asked to dismiss their masculinity and sit quietly in a corner until they are needed. Then we wonder why we’re not experiencing the contentment and satisfaction we should. Sovereignty is all about taking absolute control, responsibility, and ownership of your life.
What You’ll Learn
- Why men feel trapped by the parameters of society
- Why men put up their own obstacles and barriers
- How guilt prevents men from pushing their lives forward
- How to invest in yourself
- Why you need to be intentional about investing in yourself
- The 13 Virtues we can adhere to
- How to take inventory of how you spend your time
- The three sections of Sovereingty:
- The Mission
- The Code of Conduct
- The Battle Plan
- A man’s objectives:
- What is discernment and how to use it to focus our resources
- How to create your own inspiration using visualization
- How to use an after-action review to learn from experiences
- How learning from our failure helps us achieve mastery
[bctt tweet=”‘At the end of the day, I know I’ve done my job if I render myself obsolete. I want to be wanted. I never want to be needed.’ – Ryan Michler @OrderofMan #leadership #fatherhood #kids #parenting #family” username=”gooddadprojct”]
How Your Tribe Will Make You a Better Man with Ryan Michler
We appreciate all the support!
If you’re enjoying the show, we encourage you to leave an itunes review.
[bctt tweet=”‘When you work on yourself fully, the people around you will change.’ – Ryan Michler @OrderofMan #dads #fathers #men #fatherhood #manhood” username=”gooddadprojct”]
Ryan Michler’s Links
Sovereignty: The Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Men
The Dad’s Edge AUDIOBOOK on iTunes or Audible
GRAB A COPY OF THE DAD’S EDGE HERE
Join our Dad Edge Group on Facebook Request Entry Here
We have new Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
Download a free chapter from: THE DAD’S EDGE on UNLIMITED PATIENCE HERE
Check out this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
Download this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
- Amazon Bestselling Book: The Dad’s Edge – 9 Simple Ways to Have: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s New Course: The Dad’s Edge – 6 Strategies to Achieve: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s Twitter Page
- Larry’s Facebook Page
- Larry’s Instagram Page
Create an Epic Life
join The Dad Edge Alliance