Your Best Self: Initiate the Transformation
Your best self exists somewhere in the future. How can you initiate the transformation and bridge the gap between who you are now and the man you are capable of becoming?
Today, we have everyday dad Ben Killoy on The Dad Edge. He is a long-time Dad Edge Alliance member and is now one of our call team leaders. Ben is a military veteran turned blogger and motivational speaker. He’s founded the Military Veteran Dad Podcast, and his mission is to bring every dad both physically and mentally back home to his family.
Ben talks about how he broke free from the fear and resistance that was preventing him from living to his full potential. He explains how he cultivated the self-awareness and self-love to become strong enough to lead himself and his family. He also shares how he’s grateful to be in a place to help other men to access the truth beneath their fears and initiate the transformation to their best selves.
If you want a result in your life you never had, you need to do something you never done.
The amount of people you’re talking to is directly correlated to the amount of opportunity you feel in your life. You can’t create new opportunity unless you’re talking to people.—Ben Killoy
What You’ll Learn
- The moment Ben realized that no one is going to care when he is no longer around.
- The power of connecting with others for opportunity.
- Social media cannot replace human connection.
- Men have a tendency to numb their feelings, keeping them stuck. Once you have access to the feelings, the dam breaks and you can move forward.
- You never know the power of the words you say. You can move mountains.
- What Ben learned about the meaning of masculinity
- If you don’t love your past, your current situation, or the future you’re headed to, you can’t bring love into other people’s lives without some expectation of them meeting your needs.
- When your outside doesn’t match your inside.
- How to debunk and neutralize old stories you have about yourself.
- How to grow “deep roots” to get you through any storm
- You have everything inside already. You just have to believe it is there.
- Look forward to meeting the new version of yourself.
- Success doesn’t happen when conditions are perfect.
- Advice for men who want to grow but are afraid to leave a comfortable (yet unfulfilling) life
- Pick something you’ve always wanted to do, start it, and suck at it.
- Fear holds you back, but love conquers fear.
- Why you can’t be strong for your spouse if you don’t love yourself.
- How to open up new possibilities for yourself through intentional challenge
- How to have real conversations that lift you up
- If you don’t have a tribe, you will always feel like something is missing.
- Why you should learn how to talk to strangers
- Using the coronavirus pandemic as a time to reflect and grow
The Challenges of Being a Military Veteran Dad
The Secrets to Achieving Wildly Important Goals with Mark Divine
TRANSFORMED: A Navy SEAL’s Unlikely Journey to Defying All Odds with Remi Adeleke
Leave an iTunes review.
Get a FREE book!
If you’re enjoying the show, leave us an itunes review. If your review is chosen as the iTunes Review-of-the Week, we’ll send you the free book of your choice!
What to do: send an email to email@example.com notifying us about your review, your mailing address, and your choice of a guest book from our Books Page!
Thanks for the support!
CLICK HERE TO LEAVE YOUR REVIEW.
Ben Killoy’s Links
THRIVE IN THE FACE OF UNCERTAINTY
Register for the Dad Edge Virtual Summit
IT’S TIME TO REINVENT HOW WE SHOW UP FOR OUR FAMILIES
Coronavirus is forcing our evolution as fathers. We are all going to build a whole new set of superpowers. And these superpowers are needed right now. For many of us, we are multiplying our future ability to serve, exponentially.
YOU WILL NOT WANT TO MISS THIS.
Bestselling author of “Design Your Future.”
CHOOSE YOUR PACKAGE
What did you think of the show?
What was your biggest take away?
Tag us when you share on social media!