4 Ways to Show Your Kids What It Means to Be a Leader
We talked about how fatherhood is leadership in the last episode of GDP. We also want to instill these leadership skills in our children. Telling them how to be leaders is not nearly as effective as leading by example. Today we’re going to outline four ways to show your kids what it means to be a leader.
- Kids will learn how or treat other people through what they see from us. We need to be mindful of how we interact with others every day.
- A leader will never oppress, suppress, or depress the potential talents in a child’s life. Never tell them their dreams are out of their reach.
- Create an environment for growth where they can make mistakes and they’ll be okay. Disappointments and failures are a part of life, and learning to use them as tools to grow will develop resiliency.
- Lead through vulnerability. Sometimes we don’t have all the skills and we need to show our kids that’s okay. When we don’t have all the answers, we are willing to learn.
We appreciate all the support!
If you’re enjoying the show, we encourage you to leave an itunes review.
Looking to join a tribe of likeminded men who want to live their lives on purpose? Check out The Dad Edge Alliance.
Create an Epic Life
join The Dad Edge Alliance
==>NEW!!<== Grab a copy of The Dad’s Edge AUDIOBOOK on iTunes or Audible
GRAB A COPY OF THE DAD’S EDGE HERE
Join our Dad Edge Group on Facebook Request Entry Here
We have new Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
Download a free chapter from: THE DAD’S EDGE on UNLIMITED PATIENCE HERE
Check out this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
Download this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
- Amazon Bestselling Book: The Dad’s Edge – 9 Simple Ways to Have: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s New Course: The Dad’s Edge – 6 Strategies to Achieve: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s Twitter Page
- Larry’s Facebook Page
- Larry’s Instagram Page