The Alter Ego Effect with Todd Herman
There is only one person keeping you from reaching your full potential, and that is you. Today we’re going to reveal an extraordinary way to bypass fear, doubt, and limiting beliefs by creating heroic alter egos.
Todd Herman is a high-performance coach and the author of The Alter Ego Effect: The Power of Secret Identities to Transform Your Life. He is going to teach us why alter egos work, how to create them for different aspects of our lives, and how to activate them to help us become effective businessmen, intentional husbands, and patient and present fathers.
Todd Herman’s tools, insights, and philosophy will blow your mind. Prepare to discover the power of your secret identity!
[bctt tweet=”‘When you change someone at the identity level, all the habits, behavior, and beliefs change along with it.’— @Todd_Herman #performance #limitingbeliefs #alterego” username=”gooddadprojct”]
Todd Herman is an author, performance advisor, and entrepreneur. For 22 years, his training company, Herman Performance Systems, has focused on helping achievers and ambitious people in sport & business, achieve wildly outrageous goals while enjoying the process. Originally from Alberta, Canada where he grew up on a large farm and ranch, where he developed a healthy dislike of chicken coops.
His company has a suite of programs serving Olympic athletes, Entrepreneurs, and Leaders. He’s been featured on the Today Show, Sky Business News, Inc Magazine and CBC National News.
He lives in New York City with his wife and three young children and is currently the worlds worst ukulele player.
[bctt tweet=”‘Mental toughness is ability to be adaptable and flexible despite what your circumstances are giving you right now.’— @Todd_Herman #mentaltoughness #resilience #motivation” username=”gooddadprojct”]
What You’ll Learn
- How Todd got started with the alter ego idea
- Todd’s beginnings as a high-performance coach
- His time as a nationally ranked badminton player
- Why kids should learn to play both a team sport and an individual sport
- What he learned from coaching Olympians
- The gold thread that connected all the highest performers
- How he developed a process and system to create an alter ego that helps people win. Todd has built alter egos for professional athletes in all sports around the world.
- The constant self-bullying we do to ourselves
- Why humans are conditioned to notice the negative
- How this primitive negativity has shifted to social dynamics in the modern world
- The superpower of your inner personal narrative
- Your negative self-talk is not you and is a sign to break through
- How he changed his identity to become a more romantic, affectionate, and vulnerable husband
- How humans can shapeshift
- Why there is no you
- How humans create our world and ourselves through language
- Is there another version of you inside? How do you find it?
- Why everyone should be taking lessons from nature. If you’re not growing, you’re dying.
- The folly of pursuing balance and why we must pursue integration instead
- Why as soon as Todd’s kids turn two, he has them become part of his business and speak on stage
- What could be possible for you if you stopped acting in the “youness” that is you
- Role-playing different versions of yourself
- Leveraging moments of impact
- What he learned from Stan Lee about the power of enthusiasm
- How to infuse your home with a different energy and change the trajectory of time you spend with your family
- Creating windows of possibility
- The destructiveness of the old “tough day at work” mentality
- How 80% of the one-on-one time with your child is gone by the time they are twelve
- 3 questions to ask your kid at night to finish the day strong
- The chasm of despair that opens when you look at how far you need to go instead of on how far you’ve come
- Affirming your kids’ effort to cultivate a growth mindset
- How to activate the alter ego you want to use with a totem
- Breaking the chain of what people expect from you
- How to create a dad-self that is masculine yet soft and caring
3 Questions to Ask Your Kid Every Night
Like the show? Leave an iTunes review.
If you’re enjoying the show, we encourage you to leave an itunes review.
We read reviews on the show every week.
The next one might be yours!
Thanks for the support.
The YNAB app. You Need a Budget
Get on top of your finances!
Start your FREE 2 Month Trial at YNAB.com/dads
Todd Herman’s Links
Fill out an application for The Dad Edge Alliance
==>NEW!!<== Grab a copy of The Dad’s Edge AUDIOBOOK on iTunes or Audible
GRAB A COPY OF THE DAD’S EDGE HERE
Join our Dad Edge Group on Facebook Request Entry Here
We have new Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
Download a free chapter from: THE DAD’S EDGE on UNLIMITED PATIENCE HERE
Check out this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
Download this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
- Amazon Bestselling Book: The Dad’s Edge – 9 Simple Ways to Have: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s New Course: The Dad’s Edge – 6 Strategies to Achieve: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s Twitter Page
- Larry’s Facebook Page
- Larry’s Instagram Page
Hungry for more out of life?
Become one of the 350 men of The Dad Edge Alliance
What did you think of the show?
What was your biggest take away?
Tag us when you share on social media!