The Power of Leading Your Kids By Example with Devon Bandison – GDP026
[iframe style=”border:none” src=”http://html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/3822064/height/75/width/834/thumbnail/no/theme/standard” height=”75″ width=”834″ scrolling=”no” allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen]
“Leadership isn’t about your title…leadership is about your influence.” – John Maxwell
Our kids will get their first life lessons on leadership through their fathers. In this episode, we interview Devon Bandison, founder of “Fatherhood is Leadership.” This episode is truly remarkable because Devon shares so many pearls of wisdom of how you can lead your kids by example.
About Devon Bandison
Devon Bandison was born and raised in NYC and shares the same energetic heartbeat, big personality, and commitment to excellence as his hometown. Devon is a high performance coach, speaker and author who has spoken all around the world to clients that include Fortune 100 companies, professional sports teams and business owners. He is a recognized authority and thought leader in fatherhood; teaching leadership through personal transformation. Devon’s recent TEDx Talk “Fatherhood is Leadership” has gained national recognition and was featured at TEDx Boca Raton in March 2015. He is also the host of a top rated podcast on iTunes. Devon earned his Master of Public Administration and holds a B.A. in Psychology. His keynotes and seminars connect real life experiences to the power of transformation. Devon shows participants how they can transform their own challenges into a legacy of leadership, meaning, and purpose. Devon is a loving father of three wonderful children (ages 17, 13, and 5) who inspire him daily to create a legacy of greatness.
Discover how fatherhood is leadership
Learn ways to lead your kids in a positive way through elite leadership skills
How can we dads lead their kids by example?
Leading your kids through your example
Devon shares how we can raise our kids with a “leadership mentality.”
1. Create a vision – discover your own personal vision of what successful fatherhood looks like for you. What do you value? What characteristics do you want to instill in your kids?
2. What is your strategy? At the end of every success, there was a successful strategy. At the end of every success, there was a well executed plan of action. As fathers, we have to have a strategy. We have to have a plan of action in order to succeed.
3. Having big presence – Kids really don’t care about what we buy them, how much money we have, or what we do for a living. Kids truly care about how we show up and our purposeful presence.
4. Forget perfection – there is no need to be perfect to inspire your kids. Lead your kids by inspiring them to handle their own imperfections. Our kids will always learn by example, so let’s strive to manage our imperfections and our shortcomings openly and without shame.
5. “Does your audio match your video?” Devon shared this quote during our show and it was truly an enlightening moment. Our kids truly learn by example. So, are you truly practicing what you preaching? Our kids will learn more from our actions versus our words.
How to teach our kids about leadership?
1. Good leaders know how to be honest – leading your kids means teaching them about honesty. Honesty is an empowering quality of any great leader.
2. Ability to be positive in a chaotic situation – One of the best ways to teach our kids leadership is teaching them how to handle their own stress. A rare and empowering quality for any great leader is being able to stay calm in a stressful situation.
3. Achieve Abundance by Serving Others – Life is a lot bigger than just ourselves. Great leaders find abundance in helping and serving others. Teaching our kids to serve and help others is critical.
Check out a free chapter from: THE DAD’S EDGE on UNLIMITED PATIENCE HERE
Check out this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
Check out this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
Larry’s New Course: The Dad’s Edge – 6 Strategies to Achieve: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
Larry’s Twitter Page
Larry’s Facebook Page
Larry’s Instagram Page
Shawn’s Twitter Page
Shawn’s Facebook Page
Shawn’s Instagram Page
- Devon’s Website: http://www.devonbandison.com/
- Devon’s Facebook Page
- Devon’s TEDx Talk “Fatherhood is Leadership”
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Good Dad Project. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute to subscribe and leave a quick rating and review of the show on iTunes by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!
- Click Here to Subscribe via iTunes
- Click Here to Subscribe via Stitcher
- Click Here to Subscribe via RSS