Navy SEAL Tactics for Parents with Chris Sajnog
Retired Navy SEAL, Chris Sajnog, is one of our most popular guests. He is the premier firearms instructor in America, a bestselling author, and the host of the SEAL Training Podcast.
The Dad Edge went to his studio in San Diego for a live, in-person discussion about fatherhood, and we really went deep. Chris was abandoned by his father and carries the wound with him to this day. He vowed not to be like his estranged dad and gave up his accomplished military life to be there for his teenage boys.
Sadly, his sons don’t want to spend time with him. Chris opens up about dealing with the painful lack of connection with his sons, and how he maintains his fatherly presence in their lives.
Chris Sajnog also shares Navy SEAL tactics for parents to help us to learn anything quickly and effectively. He goes over the hard and soft traits we need to cultivate to be balanced men, and how we can apply the warrior mindset to everyday life.
For us to change our lives, we have to change who we identify ourselves as.—Chris Sajnog
Chris Sajnog is a retired Navy SEAL Master Firearms Instructor, Neural-Pathway Training Expert, Speaker and Disabled Veteran Small Business Owner. He is one of the most experienced and respected firearms trainers in the world, being hand-selected to develop the training program for the US Navy SEAL Snipers. As a Navy SEAL he was the senior sniper instructor, a certified Master Training Specialist (MTS), BUD/S and advanced training marksmanship instructor.
After retiring from the SEAL Teams in 2009 to spend time with his family, Chris began training civilians and law enforcement officers. He is the founder of the New Rules of Marksmanship, a revolutionary approach to firearms training and has a passion for finding innovative ways to teach elite-level shooting skills online as rapidly as possible to his students.
He is a federal and state certified firearms instructor and has trained DOD, DHS, FBI, CIA, Law Enforcement, and multiple foreign allies in all aspects of combat weapons handling, marksmanship, and tactics.
He lives in San Diego, CA with his wife Laura and two boys, Caden and Owen.
What You’ll Learn
- Chris’s mother was a flight attendant. His dad left when he was 2 years old.
- Chris admits he was not a good student or son.
- He was voted “most likely to end up in prison.”
- Even though is dad didn’t want him around, Chris idolized him.
- Chris’s dad was a manager at Hardee’s.
- Chris forged documents and had eye surgery under a fake name to make it into the SEALs.
- How Chris used his adversity as motivation
- The importance of changing your identity
- How to get your kid to identify themselves in a different way
- How Chris gets his rebellious sons to do things that they refuse to do
- How Chris’s boys don’t appreciate the fact that their father is a Navy SEAL
- Chris has written his sons love letters and the life lessons he wants to pass onto them.
- His sons don’t engage with him, but he doesn’t give up. He keeps trying to connect.
- Navy SEAL tactics for parents
- The importance of having a strong “why” when learning anything new or challenging
- How to know whether or not you should quit something
- How to assess if your path is serving you
- Stop investing in a life for the wrong reasons that will not make you happy in the long run.
- Why Chris won’t befriend men who aren’t good dads
- How Chris turns civilians into warriors
- The importance of meditation in a gunfight
- It’s not what you train but how you train.
If you want to get better at being a dad, be around good dads.—Chris Sajnog
Leading Our Family With Confidence with Chris Sajnog
The 12 Traits of a Warrior Part 1: The Hard Traits with Chris Sajnog
12 Traits of a Warrior Part II: The Soft Traits
Dad Edge Alliance Q&A: Allowing Your Kids to Have Their Feelings with Chris Sajnog
Leave an iTunes review.
Get a FREE book!
If you’re enjoying the show, leave us an itunes review. If your review is chosen as the iTunes Review-of-the Week, we’ll send you the free book of your choice!
What to do: send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org notifying us about your review, your mailing address, and your choice of a guest book from our Books Page!
Thanks for the support!
CLICK HERE TO LEAVE YOUR REVIEW.
The Smart Way to Keep Kids Safer Online
Bark’s affordable, award-winning dashboard proactively monitors
text messages, YouTube, emails, and 24 different social networks
for potential safety concerns,
so busy parents can save time and gain peace of mind.
CLICK HERE TO GET BARK
Use coupon code GOODDAD at checkout for a 7-day free trial and 10% off!
Chris Sajnog’s Links
Fill out an application for The Dad Edge Alliance
==>NEW!!<== Grab a copy of The Dad’s Edge AUDIOBOOK on iTunes or Audible
GRAB A COPY OF THE DAD’S EDGE HERE
Join our Dad Edge Group on Facebook Request Entry Here
We have new Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
Download a free chapter from: THE DAD’S EDGE on UNLIMITED PATIENCE HERE
Check out this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
Download this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
- Amazon Bestselling Book: The Dad’s Edge – 9 Simple Ways to Have: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s New Course: The Dad’s Edge – 6 Strategies to Achieve: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s Twitter Page
- Larry’s Facebook Page
- Larry’s Instagram Page
- The Dad Edge Now on YOUTUBE
Hungry for more out of life?
Become one of the 350 men of The Dad Edge Alliance
What did you think of the show?
What was your biggest take away?
Tag us when you share on social media!