Fit 2 Fat 2 Fit and Back Again with Drew Manning
Are you a busy, hardworking dad who is ready to get in his best physical health this year? We have the most amazing guest for you!
Drew Manning is NY Times Bestselling author of Fit2Fat2Fit, a book about how he gained and lost seventy-five pounds in order to better understand the struggle to lose weight. Now he talks about Fit2Fat2Forty, which addresses the particular struggles we have with extra weight as we get older.
Drew is bent on disrupting the aspects of the fitness industry that have no empathy for overweight people. He talks about the emotional and mental work that we need to do to take care of our bodies. He also tells us how busy dads can define health for themselves so that diet and exercise doesn’t feel like punishment.
Prepare yourself to not only become a healthy dad, but also a happy and energetic one.
It’s not about body fat percentage, it’s about where you feel good. —Drew Manning
Health and fitness expert Drew Manning is the New York Times best-selling author of Fit2Fat2Fit: The Unexpected Lessons from Gaining and Losing 75 lbs on Purpose and has for years been a leading voice in the burgeoning Keto Diet movement. Drew is also the creator of the A&E Show Fit to Fat to Fit and the host of The Fit2Fat2Fit Experience podcast. With over a million social media followers, Drew continues to transform people’s lives all around the world. Known for his straightforward and empathetic fitness and health coaching, Drew has been featured on The Dr. Oz Show, CNN, Good Morning America, The Tonight Show, The View, and MSNBC, among other media outlets. He lives in Salt Lake City, Utah, with his daughters, who remind him every day not to take things too seriously.
Drawing from the lessons and insights of his breakout website, Fit2Fat2Fit.com, personal trainer Drew Manning delivers the story of his quest to go from fit to fat to fit again in one year in order to better understand the weight-loss struggles of his clients and the online community. Drew embarked on this journey to prove to clients, website followers, and people across the country that it is possible to get back into shape—and his bottomless desire to kindle a new hope for his readers comes through on every page of Fit2Fat2Fit. With before and after (and after…) photos to that tell their own striking story, and intimate reflections from Drew’s wife Lynn, Fit2Fat2Fit is more than a spectacle or a gimmick; it’s an inspiring story, and sound proof that anyone can reach the level of fitness they desire to make themselves happy.
What You’ll Learn
- Drew first did the Fit2Fat2Fit challenge because his personal training clients said the he didn’t understand their struggles with weight loss.
- Drew is going at it again as a 40-year-old to address the challenges that come up as our bodies and metabolism change.
- Many people in the fitness industry have no empathy for overweight people.
- There is a mental component to fitness and weight loss. Overeating can be from trauma.
- Mental and emotional work to address the self-worth issues that no amount of dieting and exercise can fix.
- Becoming overweight taught Drew to separate his body image as his self-image.
- He grew up with self-hate because in his upbringing, he felt he had to be perfect or he was a complete failure.
- He pretended to be confident to hide his imperfections.
- Without his fit body, he was lost. It was the only thing that gave him self-worth and the only thing he could control.
- Own your story and write your own ending.
- How he is helping his daughters to grow up with a healthy body image
- Being out of shape affects the core of who you are.
- How your diet impacts your sex life and finances
- The key for busy dads to finding time and energy for diet and fitness
- It’s not about getting the body. It’s about loving yourself enough to take care of your physical health.
- Treat yourself kindly so exercise is not a punishment.
- Increase self-awareness. Observe your thoughts instead of being your thoughts. What triggers you to make bad health choices and why?
- Your kids don’t care what you look like. They just want you to love them.
The Importance of Being a Healthy Dad with Drew Manning
Leave an iTunes review.
Get a FREE book!
If you’re enjoying the show, leave us an itunes review. If your review is chosen as the iTunes Review-of-the Week, we’ll send you the free book of your choice!
What to do: send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org notifying us about your review, your mailing address, and your choice of a guest book from our Books Page!
Thanks for the support!
CLICK HERE TO LEAVE YOUR REVIEW.
Drew Manning’s Links
Fill out an application for The Dad Edge Alliance
The Dad’s Edge AUDIOBOOK on iTunes or Audible
GRAB A COPY OF THE DAD’S EDGE BOOK HERE
Join our Dad Edge Group on Facebook
We have Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
FREE chapter from THE DAD’S EDGE on UNLIMITED PATIENCE
FREE EBOOK: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
FREE EBOOK: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
Follow The Dad Edge
Don’t settle for a mediocre life.
Join over 457 men becoming their best selves
in The Dad Edge Alliance.
What did you think of the show?
What was your biggest take away?
Tag us when you share on social media!