The Cool, Calm, and Connected Family with Arlene Pellicane
We all want to live in a happy home, have a deep relationship with our spouse, and confident and capable kids. But how do we create the home life we dream of in today’s world?
Arlene Pellicane shows us how. She is an author and speaker whose mission is to encourage families. Among her books are Parents Rising, 31 Days to a Happy Husband, and Cool, Calm, and Connected. Arlene helps parents raise kids who are ready for life (not just playing video games), and also helps couples take their so-so marriage to a joyful one.
Arlene Pellicane talks about what a man needs most from his wife and how a couple can fall in love again. She explains the complementary roles of mothers and fathers and how to leverage the strengths of each. Arlene also tells us how to raise obedient, respectful children, and how we can live with more purpose, and less screen time.
You can live in a happy home. Listen to discover how.
“The home works best when children obey their parents.”—Arlene Pellicane
Arlene Pellicane is a speaker and author of several books including Parents Rising, 31 Days to Becoming a Happy Mom, and Calm, Cool and Connected: 5 Digital Habits for a More Balanced Life. Arlene has been featured on the Today Show, Fox & Friends, Focus on the Family, and FamilyLife Today. She’s the host of the Happy Home Podcast and regular contributor to Proverbs 31 Ministries.
Arlene lives in San Diego with her husband James and their three children. You too can have a happy home – Arlene’s books will show you how.
31 Days to a Happy Husband
What does a man need most from his wife? Arlene Pellicane, author of 31 Days to Becoming a Happy Wife, asked numerous husbands that question. Based on their answers, Pellicane identified five keys that will give wives a new appreciation and understanding of how to love and care for their mates.
Parents Rising: 8 Strategies for Raising Kids Who Love God, Respect Authority, and Value What’s Right
Do you feel like you’re fighting a losing battle? Against the culture, against the busyness, sometimes even against your spouse and kids… Often it seems like everything is against you as a parent, and your everyday life can feel far from joy-filled. But it doesn’t need to be that way. Parents Rising will show you eight cultural trends that parents are up against today and what you can do to claim victory.
What You’ll Learn
- Even if you didn’t have a happy home growing up, you can create one.
- The 5 keys that will give wives a new appreciation and understanding of how to love and care for their husbands.
- Domestic tranquility–A husband needs a peaceful haven.
- Respect–A husband needs to be honored in his home.
- Eros–A husband needs a fulfilling sex life.
- Attraction–A husband needs to be attracted to his wife.
- Mutual activities–A husband needs to have fun with his wife.
- Before, kids were seen and not heard. The dynamic has flipped.
- Amusement is not the highest priority.
- Dads are good at taking charge.
- Moms tend to over-accommodate and overcomplicate.
- The differences between the mother and father is good and complimentary. Leverage these qualities.
- Don’t let your wife stop you from being the leader.
- How to speak to your wife about how she is managing the kids without upsetting her.
- How screen time prevents kids from enjoying simple pleasures
- What screen time does to a child’s brain—it’s like eating candy all day long.
- Devices are programmed to be addictive. We would not hand a child a beer or cigarette.
- During video games, the prefrontal cortex doesn’t get blood flow.
- How to tell if your child is a casual, at risk, or addicted video gamer
- Devices prevent neural pathways from being built. It’s just one-way passive consumption.
- Devices prevent kids from learning social skills, like looking someone in the eye or carrying on a conversation.
- Why you should not let your kids have their own devices
- Will kids be left behind technologically if they don’t spend time on the internet?
- QUIZ: Is my child getting too much screen time?
Protecting Your Family from Gaming Addiction with Cam Adair
Digital Minimalism with Cal Newport
Protect your kids with the Bark App
Leave an iTunes review.
Get a FREE book!
If you’re enjoying the show, leave us an itunes review. If your review is chosen as the iTunes Review-of-the Week, we’ll send you the free book of your choice!
What to do: send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org notifying us about your review, your mailing address, and your choice of a guest book from our Books Page!
Thanks for the support!
CLICK HERE TO LEAVE YOUR REVIEW.
Arlene Pelicane’s Links
Fill out an application for The Dad Edge Alliance
The Dad’s Edge AUDIOBOOK on iTunes or Audible
GRAB A COPY OF THE DAD’S EDGE BOOK HERE
Join our Dad Edge Group on Facebook
We have Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
FREE chapter from THE DAD’S EDGE on UNLIMITED PATIENCE
FREE EBOOK: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
FREE EBOOK: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
Follow The Dad Edge
Don’t settle for a mediocre life.
Join over 420 men becoming their best selves
in The Dad Edge Alliance.
What did you think of the show?
What was your biggest take away?
Tag us when you share on social media!