Own Your Career, Own Your Life with Andy Storch
Would you believe that 82% of men are unhappy with what they do for a living? How tragic is it that so many of us are letting the days slip away in misery? How can we find work that both makes us come alive and also helps us provide the life we want for our families?
If you’re feeling frustrated and trapped, there is good news. It’s never too late to figure out what you want to do with the rest of your life, and you’re in the perfect place right now to take the first step to where you truly want to go.
Andy Storch is the author of Own Your Career Own Your Life: Stop Drifting and Take Control of Your Future. He is the host of two podcasts, The Talent Development Hot Seat and the Own Your Career Own Your Life Show and he is going to teach us how to stop waiting for something to happen and create a life that excites us!
Andy Storch spent years stuck in the wrong career and drifting aimlessly through life. Now, he is a professional coach, consultant, speaker, and author whose life mission is to equip others to live intentionally, love the life they live, and fulfill their true potential.
In his eagerly-anticipated book Own Your Career Own Your Life, you’ll learn how to direct your own career, prepare for the future, and ultimately get back in the driving seat of your own life.
This book is intended to be a practical guide, so it is packed full of useful tips and easily actionable steps, as well as inspirational accounts of real-life events and helpful insights into the author’s own life – including the exact, real-life strategies he has used to design a career and life he loves.
What You’ll Learn
- Most people are waiting for things to happen to them—the new job, the promotion, the side business, but you have to take the initiative.
- It’s up to you to wake up and live life intentionally.
- We often go by default into the careers we are offered, or we pursue what our parents think we should do.
- Figuring out where you’ve gone wrong is not about guilt and regret. It’s about realizing you’re in the perfect spot to take action, change, and move forward.
- How to discover what path to choose:
- Self-awareness—Ask yourself about your strengths and weaknesses?
- What energizes you?
- What are your values?
- Have conversations with friends. What do they perceive your strengths are?
- Weight the priorities and trade-offs.
- The smallest thing you can do to get started is to shift your mindset from being a trapped victim to one of ownership. You get to choose.
- Ask yourself, why do I go to this job I don’t like? Is there a better option?
- What are you really unhappy about? Can you tweak your existing work to make it better?
- Find people who are doing what you’d like to do and follow them.
- How to praise effort in your own life instead of results.
- Failing doesn’t make you a failure. Are you really afraid of failure, or just what others will think?
- Most men say, I don’t have time to try something new. Is that really true? Where are you really spending your time?
- How to integrate home and work life in a healthy way
- Use your values to set your schedule and boundaries.
How to Elevate Your Game with Andy Storch
Leave an iTunes review.
Get a FREE book!
If you’re enjoying the show, leave us an itunes review. If your review is chosen as the iTunes Review-of-the Week, we’ll send you the free book of your choice!
What to do: send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org notifying us about your review, your mailing address, and your choice of a guest book from our Books Page!
Thanks for the support!
CLICK HERE TO LEAVE YOUR REVIEW.
Andy Storch’s Links
Fill out an application for The Dad Edge Alliance
The Dad’s Edge AUDIOBOOK on iTunes or Audible
GRAB A COPY OF THE DAD’S EDGE BOOKHERE
Join our Dad Edge Group on Facebook
We have Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
FREE chapter from THE DAD’S EDGE on UNLIMITED PATIENCE
FREE EBOOK: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
FREE EBOOK: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
Follow The Dad Edge
Join over 457 men becoming their best selves
in The Dad Edge Alliance.
What did you think of the show?
What was your biggest take away?
Tag us when you share on social media!